The StratoCap enables building your own FTC water rocket, but you will need 2 of these. Currently this part is 3D printed and only available in the color white. Rough up all the way around about 1.5 inches of the interior of the ends of the FTC tube giving the glue something to grip onto. Apply a generous film of Loctite PL 3X Premium Polyurethane Adhesive to the StratoCap and the interior of a T12 FTC tube. Gently turn the glued StratoCap inside the FTC tube spreading the adhesive evenly and wipe off any excess. Allow to cure for 48 hrs. before pressurizing or using. After curing test that there are no leaks. If there are leaks, spread an additional adhesive bead around the inside between the StratoCap and the tube using a gloved finger.
Parts required for building an FTC rocket:
- 2 x StratoCaps for both ends
- 1 x T12* FTC tube between 3ft. - 8 ft. (4 ft. to 6 ft. works best)
- 1 x set of StratoFins or make you own fins
- 1 x screw-on soda bottle cap for the nose cone
- 1 x black nozzle if you are using a StratoLauncher IV
- 1 x 24" nylon parachute recommended, but not required
- 1 x set of Rail Guides if you have a rail system, but not required
*A T12 FTC tube measures 1 5/8 inch OD (42mm).